Liverpool to replace Agger with Albiol?
LIVERPOOL may make a �9m bid for Valencia centre-back Raul Albiol if Daniel Agger refuses to sign a new deal to keep him at Anfield.
LIVERPOOL may make a �9m bid for Valencia centre-back Raul Albiol if Daniel Agger refuses to sign a new deal to keep him at Anfield. (Various)
Rafa Benitez is lining up a near-�10million bid for Albiol after the Valencia defender indicated an interest in moving to the Barclays Premier League.
The Liverpool and former Valencia boss will have around �30m for summer signings and has added Albiol, 23, to a list that also includes Aston Villa midfielder Gareth Barry and Tottenham winger Aaron Lennon.
Albiol is rated at �18m, but Benitez believes he can land him for half that given Valencia's financial plight.
The Spain centre back, who can also operate in midfield, said: “If I do leave Valencia, it would only be for a big club. The Premier League could be perfect.”
Valencia sporting director Fernando Gomez admitted: “We are obliged to sell players, and we know of English interest.”
- 1 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 2 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 3 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 4 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 5 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 6 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 7 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking
- 8 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 9 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 10 'We're probably not as good as we think we are' - Cook on FA Cup draw with Barrow