Liverpool to replace Agger with Albiol?
LIVERPOOL may make a �9m bid for Valencia centre-back Raul Albiol if Daniel Agger refuses to sign a new deal to keep him at Anfield.
LIVERPOOL may make a �9m bid for Valencia centre-back Raul Albiol if Daniel Agger refuses to sign a new deal to keep him at Anfield. (Various)
Rafa Benitez is lining up a near-�10million bid for Albiol after the Valencia defender indicated an interest in moving to the Barclays Premier League.
The Liverpool and former Valencia boss will have around �30m for summer signings and has added Albiol, 23, to a list that also includes Aston Villa midfielder Gareth Barry and Tottenham winger Aaron Lennon.
Albiol is rated at �18m, but Benitez believes he can land him for half that given Valencia's financial plight.
You may also want to watch:
The Spain centre back, who can also operate in midfield, said: “If I do leave Valencia, it would only be for a big club. The Premier League could be perfect.”
Valencia sporting director Fernando Gomez admitted: “We are obliged to sell players, and we know of English interest.”
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 4 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 5 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 6 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 7 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 Ipswich Town 0-0 MK Dons: Blues again fail to register shot on target in drab draw
- 10 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch