Liverpool want Tuncay as sub striker
MIDDLESBROUGH flop Tuncay has revealed he could be thrown a Premier League lifeline by Liverpool. (Mirror)Boss Rafa Benitez ran the rule over the Turkey international in the final weeks of the season, and despite Teeside club's misery of relegation, he liked what he saw.
MIDDLESBROUGH flop Tuncay has revealed he could be thrown a Premier League lifeline by Liverpool. (Mirror)
Boss Rafa Benitez ran the rule over the Turkey international in the final weeks of the season, and despite Teeside club's misery of relegation, he liked what he saw.
Middlesbrough struggled because of a lack of goals, but Benitez is looking for a striker who is happy to fill as a support striker to the free-scoring Fernando Torres, and be prepared to act as back up from the bench.
Tuncay fits the bill, with his selfless running and great industry in creating chances for others, and he explained yesterday that he was aware of interest from Anfield.
You may also want to watch:
“Yes, I've heard something about that, but nothing official has arrived to me. Of course I would like to play for a big club,” he said.
With Boro desperate to restructure their finances after dropping into the Championship, they would accept a reasonable offer for the Turk.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 4 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 5 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death
- 8 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 9 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found
Benitez has been looking for fourth striker who won't break the bank, following the sale of Robbie Keane, to allow him to concentrate his summer transfer funds on other key areas in his squad.
Benitez has also met with Valencia forward David Silva this week and is keen to bring the Spaniard to Anfield. (Mirror)
The Merseyside club have also offered Portsmouth �2m for defender Sylvain Distin. (Times)