Liverpool want Tuncay as sub striker
MIDDLESBROUGH flop Tuncay has revealed he could be thrown a Premier League lifeline by Liverpool. (Mirror)Boss Rafa Benitez ran the rule over the Turkey international in the final weeks of the season, and despite Teeside club's misery of relegation, he liked what he saw.
MIDDLESBROUGH flop Tuncay has revealed he could be thrown a Premier League lifeline by Liverpool. (Mirror)
Boss Rafa Benitez ran the rule over the Turkey international in the final weeks of the season, and despite Teeside club's misery of relegation, he liked what he saw.
Middlesbrough struggled because of a lack of goals, but Benitez is looking for a striker who is happy to fill as a support striker to the free-scoring Fernando Torres, and be prepared to act as back up from the bench.
Tuncay fits the bill, with his selfless running and great industry in creating chances for others, and he explained yesterday that he was aware of interest from Anfield.
“Yes, I've heard something about that, but nothing official has arrived to me. Of course I would like to play for a big club,” he said.
With Boro desperate to restructure their finances after dropping into the Championship, they would accept a reasonable offer for the Turk.
- 1 Glamping pods and shepherd huts proposed in holiday site expansion
- 2 Ipswich Town sign Brentford full-back Thompson on loan
- 3 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 4 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 5 McKenna on offers for Harper and El Mizouni and Fraser's Town future
- 6 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 7 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
- 8 Lorry carrying mobile unit pulled over on A14 for being too wide
- 9 'One or two we're speaking to' - McKenna on transfer plans
- 10 Police apology after cars accidentally damaged by stinger device on A14
Benitez has been looking for fourth striker who won't break the bank, following the sale of Robbie Keane, to allow him to concentrate his summer transfer funds on other key areas in his squad.
Benitez has also met with Valencia forward David Silva this week and is keen to bring the Spaniard to Anfield. (Mirror)
The Merseyside club have also offered Portsmouth �2m for defender Sylvain Distin. (Times)