Liz Edwards steps down as chair of Ipswich Town’s Official Supporters’ Club
Liz Edwards has stepped down from her role as chair of the Ipswich Town Official Supporters’ Club with immediate effect.
Also stepping down from the committee completely, she explained in a statement: “It was a very difficult decision to make but I want to focus on my voluntary roles with ITFC and, in particular, that of Supporter Liaison Officer, which is an EFL requirement of all member clubs, and is becoming a much bigger responsibility.
“At the same time, it is important that the Supporters’ Club can continue to operate independently, and under dedicated leadership.
“Making the change now, rather than at the Supporters’ Club AGM in October, makes it easier to begin planning activities for the 2017/18 season for both ITFC and ITSC.”
Liz’s future role will include organising events with current and ex-players, the ITFC Heritage Project and work within the community for the likes of CHAPS Men’s Health Charity, 12th Man Mental Health, leading the club’s activities for the Ipswich Dementia Action Alliance and with the New Wolsey Theatre.
You may also want to watch:
She will also attend the Supporters’ Forum and Supporters’ Club activities on behalf of ITFC.
Liz added: “I will still be very involved in supporter engagement, including being in the FanZone and Legends Bar on a home match day and at all away games, as well as being heavily involved in the organisation and running of current and ex-player events throughout the season and around the region.”
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 8 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 AFC Wimbledon 3-0 Ipswich Town: Woeful Blues well-beaten at Plough Lane in 'season-defining' game
Steve Doe, current treasurer of the Supporters’ Club, will be taking on the role of caretaker chair with the Supporters’ Club committee meeting in the next month to start planning for the future.
Steve is a lifelong Town fan, who lives and works in Ipswich, running his business as a financial advisor.
He said: “We would like to thank Liz for all her hard work over the last 10 years and wish her well for the future. I am pleased to be working with the current committee in taking the Supporters’ Club forward and look forward to continuing to working with Liz as part of her role with ITFC.”