LOCAL FOOTBALL ROUND-UP: Big wins for Needham Market and Leiston, Bury Town thumped
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Needham Market won a six-goal thriller, 4-2, against Cheshunt, in Ryman North at Bloomfields on Tuesday.
Former Hibernian defender Chris Hogg put Market ahead on 28 minutes but Aryan Tajbakhsh equalised within eight minutes.
Ex-Ipswich Town and Leeds United midfielder Ian Westlake put the hosts back in front five minutes before the break, but Anthony Armstead grabbed a second equaliser on the night for Cheshunt on 58 minutes.
Sam Nunn scored the third for Mark Morsley’s men before Westlake scored a fourth with two minutes to go.
Bury Town’s disappointing start to the season continues as a David Knights hat-trick helped hosts Wingate & Finchley to a 4-0 victory in the Ryman Premier. Karl Oliyide scored Wingate’s first.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere in that league, Leiston defeated Hornchurch 4-0 at Victory Road thanks to two goals from Gareth Heath and strikes from Stuart Boardley and Cliff Akurang.
In the FA Cup Extra Preliminary Rond, Codicote were comfortable 5-0 winners over Brantham Atletic.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 3 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 4 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 5 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 6 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 8 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 9 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash