London Wasps put Ipswich Rugby Club through their paces
AN impressive 40 eager youngsters benefited from professional coaching after London Wasps visited Ipswich Rugby Club’s youth section.
The Under-13s and 14s players took part in specialist quick-fire drills courtesy of the Wasps’ coaching development officers at Humber Doucy Lane.
Paul Rowland, youth and juniors chairman, said: “It is to their huge credit that these Wasps coaches came all this way to give us two hours of hard core coaching.
“It was great to hear them interacting and laughing with our boys while imparting knowledge and excellent skills that reinforces the work of our own dedicated age group coaches.
“Afterwards in the clubhouse, they stayed and chatted happily for a long time with our coaches, parents and players which only added to the sense of this being a really good event.”
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich RFC is now hoping to grow the relationship with the Wasps with further coaching sessions planned alongside its continuing links with fellow Premiership side Northampton Saints.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 7 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 8 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 9 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns