Long Melford and Whitton United reach Suffolk Senior Cup final
LONG Melford will meet Whitton United in the final of this season’s Suffolk Senior Cup.
Holders Whitton United beat Kingsley Healthcare SIL side Grundisburgh 1-0 in their semi-final at Debenham courtesy of a Kevin Inglis penalty a minute into the second half.
They will face fellow Ridgeons League Division One side Long Melford, who saw off SIL opponents Felixstowe United 2-0 in the other semi-final at Hadleigh.
Long Melford striker Daniel Cann scored twice in the first half to settle the outcome.
The final will take place at Portman Road on a date yet to be arranged.
You may also want to watch:
See Monday’s Ipswich Star for a full report, reaction and pictures from Whitton’s win over Grundisburgh.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 4 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 5 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 6 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 7 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 8 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 9 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 10 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future