Louis and Lee leave Mildenhall as Jolly takes overall charge at West Row
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Mildenhall Fen Tigers head into the 2015 with a change in the promotion as both Michael Lee and Chris Louis depart, leaving Kevin Jolly to continue the success story of Mildenhall Speedway alone.
Louis has found it increasingly difficult to combine his duties at Ipswich and Mildenhall along with his growing television commitments and feels he is unable to continue at Mildenhall.
Lee meanwhile will concentrate on his engine tuning business as he rebuilds his life following the much publicised court case from which he was acquitted earlier in the year.
It will be a big challenge ahead but Jolly is confident that with the team he has round him the club will continue to grow and challenge for trophies in 2015. “It is a disappointment to lose both Chris and Michael from the promotion as we made a good team and turned round the fortunes of Mildenhall Speedway during our time together.
“But as they say nothing lasts forever, and that certainly is true in speedway.”
You may also want to watch:
At the National League AGM yesterday, it was confirmed there would 10 teams racing in 2015 – newcomers Eastbourne, Rye House and Birmingham plus Cradley, Kent, Buxton, King’s Lynn, Stoke and Coventry.
Mildenhall will face local rivals Kings Lynn Young Stars in the KO Cup and will also take part in the National Trophy alongside Kent, Rye House and Eastbourne.
- 2 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 3 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 9 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour