Louis heaps praise on his side after Diamonds draw
Berwick Bandits 48 Ipswich Witches 45 Newcastle Diamonds 45 Ipswich Witches 45
Three points from their northern tour left Witches director of speedway Chris Louis more than satisfied.
The Suffolk side fought back from their Thursday night Premier League home defeat to Newcastle to pick up a point at Berwick on Saturday night and then grab two more points against Newcastle on Sunday.
“We were excellent,” said Louis after the Newcastle draw.
“I felt we should have got a few more points at Berwick and we made such a sloppy start there. But here we got everything we deserved.
You may also want to watch:
“Ben Barker has been fantastic all weekend and it was his pass on Ritchie Worrall in the final race that got us the draw.”
More from Chris Louis in Monday’s EADT and Ipswich Star
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 7 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 8 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 9 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 10 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots