Louis takes over at Mildenhall
SUFFOLK speedway clubs Ipswich and Mildenhall have linked with Witches director of speedway Chris Louis leading the promotion that has taken the Fen Tigers back into the National League.
West Row-based Mildenhall are set to open their doors to racing again in 2011 where they will be part of a ten-team National League.
The news comes after an application to join the league was turned down at a recent AGM, but under a new management team they have now been given clearance to take to the track.
The new Fen Tigers promotion is led by Louis, with the former British International getting assistance from 1980 world champion Michael Lee and local favourite Kevin Jolly.
And showing their commitment to the development of young British talent the trio will also be running a speedway academy at the West Row venue.
You may also want to watch:
National League chief Peter Morrish said: “This is fantastic news for the club and the sport after all the troubles of the past few months.
“They’ve agreed a deal with the stadium and a huge amount of work has gone on with the BSPA to sort it all out.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 3 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 4 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 5 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 6 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 7 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 8 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 9 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology
- 10 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
“We are delighted to have them back and we would like to say a big well done to everyone who has made this deal possible.”