Lowestoft swimmers mark successful year with annual awards evening
- Credit: Archant
Swimmers from Lowestoft and Oulton Broad celebrated their achievements over the last 12 months at the club’s annual presentation evening earlier this month.
Many of the prizes were associated with the club’s own championships, held last December.
Presenting some of the awards was British Paralympic swimmer Jessica-Jane Applegate MBE, a former member of L&OBSC.
Among the top performing swimmers was Katie Lines, who took home 11 trophies in total. On the boys’ side Joe McGillivray topped the standings with 12 awards.
As well as trophies for races at the club championships a number of special prizes were presented.
You may also want to watch:
The Harry Baldry Memorial Cup was presented by his father David and brother Tom to recognise outstanding help and dedication to the club during the past 12 months.
The cup this year was presented to Debbie Swann, a committee member who, with a team of volunteers, has worked tirelessly to raise £10,000 to help replace vital club equipment.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 7 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 8 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 9 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns