Lowestoft Town sign Leiston striker Nathan Stone
LEISTON striker Nathan Stone has signed for Ryman League Premier Division Lowestoft Town.
The 27-year-old has signed a two-and-a-half year contract with the Trawlerboys, and could be available for Saturday’s home match against Tooting and Mitcham if the paperwork is completed in time.
Stone, who was given permission by Leiston to speak to Lowestoft after an initial approach was rejected, agreed a deal after meeting club officials this afternoon and will train with his new team-mates tonight.
Although he is cup-tied for both the Alan Boon Cup and the Suffolk Premier Cup, Stone will be hoping to help Lowestoft secure promotion to Blue Square South.
The former Kirkley & Pakefield player joined Needham Market following their promotion from the Ridgeons League to Ryman League Division One North last season, before switching to Leiston when they moved up into the same division this season to cut down on the travelling from his Oulton Broad base.
Stone leaves Leiston while they are top of Ryman League Division One North and aiming to win promotion to the Premier Division at the first attempt.
- 1 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 2 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Ex-Celtic boss Lennon linked with Town job
- 5 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 7 Body of man found in Saxmundham
- 8 Three suspected cases of Omicron at Bury St Edmunds schools
- 9 Company fined nearly £4k for further food hygiene breaches
- 10 'I apologise for the misunderstanding' - Nsiala issues statement