LTA gift Ipswich Sports Club tennis youngsters national matrix funding
- Credit: Archant
Seven of Ipswich Sports Club’s next generation of tennis stars have been given a major boost after receiving national matrix funding for the coming year.
The LTA (Lawn Tennis Association) gives out funding to talented youngsters to aid their development and after impressing at Talent Identification days, seven of Ipswich’s youngest players have been lucky enough to have received the boost.
Ranging from ages nine to 12, the young stars – Maddie McLoughlin, Travis Ireland, Isabelle Eaton, Justice Hall, Ashlie Hale, Kayleigh Hale and Joshua Stokes – will now receive a substantial level of direct support from the LTA for a year, helping them with expensive purchases such as new kit, new equipment and travel.
The budding tennis players, who train and compete regularly at Ipswich Sports Club as well as at various regional and national competitions, performed admirably at the Talent Identification days at the National Tennis Centre in Roehampton back in September to qualify for the funding. As a result, they all now find themselves ranked in the top 20 in the UK of their respective age groups.
This comes as fantastic news to both the players and the tennis club. Coaches Richard and Chris Daynes couldn’t be more proud.
You may also want to watch:
Richard Daynes said: “It’s a fantastic achievement.
“Tennis is an expensive sport so it helps the children and their families, while also acting as a stepping stone for them.
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 5 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 6 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 7 'Managers don't get enough credit' - Walton delighted as Town deliver big win for boss Cook at Pompey
- 8 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 10 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
“It’s also fantastic for us because it promotes what we’re doing here and helps us improve these players, as well as helping generate other players.”¶