Luke Callander signs for AFC Sudbury who face Whitton United in Suffolk Premier Cup tonight
- Credit: Archant
Sudbury, who face Whitton United in the Suffolk Premier Cup at Needham Market tonight, have signed Witham Town striker Luke Callander.
Meanwhile, on Saturday, AFC defeated Heybridge Swifts 1-0 in Ryman North.
Both teams found it hard going on a dried out bumpy playing surface and in a goalless first half, neither ‘keeper was seriously tested.
The second half followed a similar pattern, but with the introduction of substitutes Ollie Berquez and Ayrton Coley, AFC Sudbury gained the initiative in terms of possession and the deadlock was broken after 69 minutes with a well-worked goal.
Coley did well on the left flank before passing to skipper Sam Clarke, and his deep cross to the far post was headed home by Parker for his first goal for the club.
You may also want to watch:
Heybridge, unbeaten in their previous four games, tried hard to get back on terms but they got little change out of the Sudbury defence, and the home side held on for the points to complete their sixth league double of the campaign to keep their play-off hopes very much alive.
- 1 Paul Cook's takeover worry and why he cancelled today's pre-match press conference
- 2 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 4 'I absolutely want to be part of it' - Skipper Chambers on Cook and his Town future
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Town linked with Feyenoord defender as Edwards 'attracts interest'
- 6 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 7 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 8 Careless driver who caused fatal crash is jailed
- 9 Family's heartfelt tribute to 'devoted mother' of four who died in crash
- 10 Four miles of queues after A12 collision