Watch as Blues boss Lambert presents captain Chambers with a shirt to mark 300th appearance
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town captain Luke Chambers will make his 300th appearance for the club at Nottingham Forest.
It’s sure to be an emotional occasion for Chambers as he reaches the milestone against the club he left to move to Suffolk in the summer of 2012.
And to mark his 300th appearance, Chambers was presented with a special shirt by Ipswich boss Paul Lambert at the team hotel ahead of the game in Nottingham.
Blues boss Lambert said: “To play 300 games for one club is a brilliant achievement. Not many players in the modern game stay for that length of time at a club and make that number of appearances.
“It shows his consistency and I can’t give him a bigger compliment than say that you know what you are going to get out of him every week.
You may also want to watch:
“He has the respect of everyone at the club and rightly so. He’s a humble guy and that has stood him in good stead. He is very steady in his temperament and that is a major part of being a footballer.
“We have a young group of players here and they look to him as well. I’m delighted to have him here. He’s been excellent for me.”
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 6 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 7 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 8 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 9 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 10 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism