Loan duo Garbutt and Norris return to parent clubs after season ends
- Credit: Archant
Loanees Luke Garbutt and Will Norris will now return to their parent clubs following the conclusion of the League One season.
The decision to end the season, brought about following a vote of League One clubs on Tuesday, means the Blues will not play again before the duo’s season-long loans expire.
The pair had agreed to remain with the Blues if the third tier campaign had resumed, with Ipswich looking to make a late push towards the play-offs, but will now head back to Everton and Wolves respectively.
Norris made a total of 20 appearances for the Blues, with 15 of those coming in League One, having battled with Tomas Holy throughout the season for the Blues’ No.1 shirt.
Garbutt made 30 appearances, scoring six times, and is heading into an uncertain summer given his Everton deal expires at the end of June.
You may also want to watch:
He has previously indicated his desire to remain with Ipswich long-term, but it remains to be seen whether it’s a deal the Blues are able to do.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 3 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 4 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 6 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 7 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 8 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door