‘It’s looking like he’s out for a month’ – Lambert gives Garbutt injury update
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town manager Paul Lambert has revealed that Luke Garbutt is set to be out for a month with the knee injury he sustained in Saturday’s 1-1 home draw with Sunderland.
Garbutt - on loan from Everton from the season - enjoyed the perfect start to life with the Blues, scoring the winner in the 1-0 opening day win at Burton before opening the scoring against the Black Cats at Portman Road.
However, he limped off before half-time in that game with Lambert providing an update following his side's 3-1 defeat at Luton Town in the Carabao Cup first round tonight.
"It's looking like he's out for a month with his knee," Lambert said.
"That's a blow because he has started the season so well.
You may also want to watch:
"There's a slight medial problem there we think, and it doesn't require surgery or anything like that, but he's opened it up a little.
"They are slowly but surely coming back but losing Garbutt is a blow because he started the season so well."
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 3 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 4 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 5 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 6 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 7 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 8 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 9 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 10 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
Garbutt joins a lengthy injury list at Town, with Toto Nsiala (hamstring), Teddy Bishop (knee), Jack Lankester (back), Freddie Sears (knee) and Tristan Nydam (ankle) all sidelined. Idris El Mizouni couldn't feature at Kenilworth Road because, as Lambert revealed, 'he hurt his ankle the other day'.
Gwion Edwards made his comeback from a groin problem this evening, while Jon Nolan - who hasn't featured all pre-season due to a calf injury - was an unused sub.