Garbutt’s Everton release confirmed
Everton have confirmed they will release Luke Garbutt at the end of his contract.
The left-sider’s terms expire on Tuesday, at which point he will leave the Goodison Park club after 11 years on Merseyside.
Garbutt, who had been expecting his release for several months, spent last season on loan at Ipswich and has said he will not close the door on a permanent move to Suffolk.
“My contract at Everton is up on June 30 and I’ll be looking for a new club. The loan at Ipswich has been great for me and the fans have been brilliant. My agent will have discussions with Ipswich and multiple other clubs, probably, and we’ll assess it from there.
MORE: ‘I won’t close the door on Ipswich... but I want to play as high as I can’ - Garbutt on his future“The pandemic is probably going to change the course of football a bit and, right now, it’s hard to really say anything for sure about my future or where I’ll be. It’s too early on and I haven’t a clue. It’s all up in the air.
“I will never close the door on the possibility of coming back to Ipswich on a permanent basis and it’s something I will definitely consider.”
You may also want to watch:
Garbutt made 30 appearances for Town, scoring six goals.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 6 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 7 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies