Luke Prosser could be out long-term for Colchester United
Colchester United could be without their captain, Luke Prosser, long-term.
The injury-hit U’s, without a win in their last 12 matches, and nine matches in League Two, have been dealt another blow by Prosser’s absence.
Centre-half Prosser, a summer recruit from Southend, injured his knee during the warm-up before last Saturday’s 3-0 home defeat to Leyton Orient.
Manager John McGreal confirmed this lunchtime: “Luke will not be available this weekend.
“He is going to see a specialist about his knee. He has a problem with it.
“Hopefully, he’s not out for too long, but he is in the hands of the specialist and physio Tony Flynn.
“Obviously, it’s a big blow to us, to be without Luke,” added McGreal.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 4 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 5 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 6 A12 blocked following two vehicle crash
- 7 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 8 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
- 9 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 10 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK
The U’s are away at Yeovil Town this Saturday.