Good news for U’s as Prosser pens a new deal at Colchester
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Luke Prosser has penned a two-year deal with Colchester United.
It will keep the 30-year-old at Colchester until at least the summer of 2020.
Prosser said: “It was always my intention to stay and I am delighted to sign my contract and have another two years at the club.
“I’ve only played 30 games in my two years so far and I had it in my mind that it’d be nearer to 100, so my target is to stay fit and help the team to push on for promotion.
“The squad have had two years to suss this division out and I am sure they’ll be wiser and stronger this season.
You may also want to watch:
“I thought I did alright when I returned to action. I was a bit gutted that the season came to a close, because I was desperate to keep playing.
“It’s now time to relax - I’ve just got back from my stag do, and I get married on Saturday, so it’s a busy few weeks ahead for me before ensuring I am fit and raring to go for the new season. I’ve just turned 30 which is a great age for a centre half, so I’m hoping these will be my glory years!”
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 3 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 4 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 5 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 6 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 7 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 8 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 9 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 10 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions