Matchday Recap: Much-changed Blues beaten at Luton as Dobra scores on debut
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Ipswich Town were beaten 3-1 at Luton Town tonight in the Carabao Cup.
Town haven't won a cup game of any kind since August 2017, with that 2-0 victory coincidentally coming at tonight's opponents Luton.
And we all know the Blues' record in knock-out football is poor. They've won just four of their last 24 cup games, spanning eight seasons. Ten of those defeats have come against lower-league opposition.
But that's not the narrative tonight. Town are the underdogs, with the two clubs swapping divisions at the end of last season following the Hatters' promotion and Ipswich's relegation.
You have to go back to December 2010 for the last time Ipswich knocked a side from a higher division out of a cup competition, as Grant Leadbitter's penalty disposed of West Brom in the League Cup quarter-finals, setting up a clash with Arsenal in the semis.
You may also want to watch:
You can follow tonight's game live with us right here.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 3 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 4 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 6 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 7 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 8 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 9 Delays of 80 minutes following A12 crashes
- 10 Suffolk shops struggling to secure fresh meat as CO2 concerns deepen