Macauley Bonne joins the Cards from Colchester United
- Credit: James Ager
Macauley Bonne has signed on loan for National League side Woking.
Colchester United front-runner Bonne has been short of first-team action this season, and has not even made the substitutes’ bench in recent matches.
The 21-year-old, who joined the U’s Academy in 2009, enjoyed some regular action in the National League with promotion contenders Lincoln City earlier this season, making eight appearances for Danny Cowley’s men.
Now Bonne will hope to help steer Woking clear of the relegation zone over the coming weeks.
Bonne plundered four goals in a 6-2 win at Wealdstone, in an FA Cup first round tie in November, 2015, but has struggled to make an impact on the League One and now League Two stage.
You may also want to watch:
He has only had a couple of minutes of first-team action in 2017, appearing as an 89th minute substitute in a 2-0 win over Cheltenham on January 2. His previous outing was as an 82nd minute substitute against Notts County on December 17.
- 1 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 8 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 9 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 10 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure