Macca still on Colchester United tea-making duties
- Credit: Richard Blaxall
Macauley Bonne might be Colchester United’s man-of-the-moment – but he is still the tea boy!
The U’s new teenage sensation has burst onto the first team scene in dramatic fashion over the last month, scoring three goals in just six outings.
But front-runner Bonne, who celebrated his 18th birthday with the winner over Peterborough on October 26, and also hit the target with a quality strike against MK Dons on Tuesday evening, will still be on tea-making duties on the way up to Tranmere.
“For the whole way across to Shrewsbury, and up to Rotherham, me and Sammie (Szmodics) had to do everything,” revealed Bonne.
“We had to make the teas for everybody, from the minute we got on the bus to the minute the bus stopped!
You may also want to watch:
“So I guess, for Tranmere away, I’ll be making the teas again, although I’ll be ready for it now,” added Bonne.
The U’s recorded only their second victory, in the last 18 league and cup games, with a 3-1 success over MK Dons.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 3 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 4 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 5 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 6 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 7 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire
- 8 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 9 Delays on A12 after crash near Saxmundham
- 10 190 homes plan in Bramford village will meet 'rising demand' for housing
Bonne was unleashed as a 68th minute substitute, and made an immediate impact. In fact, the Ipswich-based striker could have scored a hat-trick during the final quarter of the game.
He is again expected to feature heavily in the U’s next game, away at Tranmere Rovers tomorrow – Joe Dunne’s men are travelling up to the Wirral today.
“It’s all happened so quickly for me. I didn’t expect to be playing for the first team so soon,” added Bonne.