Macca still on Colchester United tea-making duties
- Credit: Richard Blaxall
Macauley Bonne might be Colchester United’s man-of-the-moment – but he is still the tea boy!
The U’s new teenage sensation has burst onto the first team scene in dramatic fashion over the last month, scoring three goals in just six outings.
But front-runner Bonne, who celebrated his 18th birthday with the winner over Peterborough on October 26, and also hit the target with a quality strike against MK Dons on Tuesday evening, will still be on tea-making duties on the way up to Tranmere.
“For the whole way across to Shrewsbury, and up to Rotherham, me and Sammie (Szmodics) had to do everything,” revealed Bonne.
“We had to make the teas for everybody, from the minute we got on the bus to the minute the bus stopped!
“So I guess, for Tranmere away, I’ll be making the teas again, although I’ll be ready for it now,” added Bonne.
The U’s recorded only their second victory, in the last 18 league and cup games, with a 3-1 success over MK Dons.
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 4 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 5 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 7 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 8 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 9 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 10 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town
Bonne was unleashed as a 68th minute substitute, and made an immediate impact. In fact, the Ipswich-based striker could have scored a hat-trick during the final quarter of the game.
He is again expected to feature heavily in the U’s next game, away at Tranmere Rovers tomorrow – Joe Dunne’s men are travelling up to the Wirral today.
“It’s all happened so quickly for me. I didn’t expect to be playing for the first team so soon,” added Bonne.