Madrid star heading to Manchester?
BIG spending Manchester City are set to make a beat-the-deadline �20m offer for Real Madrid midfielder Fernando Gago. (Mirror)Gago's agent Marcello Lombilla says City have been in touch and made it clear they are still in the hunt for the Argentinian midielder.
BIG spending Manchester City are set to make a beat-the-deadline �20m offer for Real Madrid midfielder Fernando Gago. (Mirror)
Gago's agent Marcello Lombilla says City have been in touch and made it clear they are still in the hunt for the Argentinian midielder.
Lombilla said: “Manchester City will present a formal offer to Real Madrid on Monday and then the decision is up to Real Madrid and we are awaiting an answer.”
City boss Roberto Mancini has already had one �17m offer turned down but is still keen to strengthen his midfield before the window shuts.
You may also want to watch:
Real Madrid insist they do not want to sell but mega-rich City have got money to spend and are hoping one last try may persuade the Spanish giants to sell.
Madrid president Florentino Perez, director Jorge Valdano and sporting director Miguel Pardez are set to discuss whether to sell if City follow through and make a last minute offer.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 4 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 5 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 6 Dog-friendly pub set to reopen in east Suffolk after major revamp
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 9 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 10 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk