Magilton's warning to Town stars
BLUES boss Jim Magilton has handed his players a stark warning to shape up or ship out.Magilton expects to land his third signing this morning when Mark Noble joins on a three-month loan from West Ham, but he is looking to bring in even more new faces and wield the axe to the current players, who have slumped to Town's worst start in 50 years.
By Derek Davis
BLUES boss Jim Magilton has handed his players a stark warning to shape up or ship out.
Magilton expects to land his third signing this morning when Mark Noble joins on a three-month loan from West Ham, but he is looking to bring in even more new faces and wield the axe to the current players, who have slumped to Town's worst start in 50 years.
With three defeats from the opening three matches, Magilton has quickly run out of patience with his team and warned that if players are not going to do things his way then they will be out the door.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Getting the right people in - it is as simple as that. We have to wheel and deal and get the right personnel in. It is a matter of being calm and showing belief. I'm not going to lose belief in myself and I want players that want to be with me - if not they will be gone and I will bring in players that want to be here.”
Magilton is in the market for at least one, if not two more players. He said: “The difficult thing is bringing in people that want to come here, to a losing team. That is where I have to weave my magic. If I have to use blarney then I will. I'll do whatever it takes. I have the wherewithal financially to bring in players and I will.”
- 1 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 2 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 3 'I absolutely want to be part of it' - Skipper Chambers on Cook and his Town future
- 4 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 5 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 6 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Town linked with Feyenoord defender as Edwards 'attracts interest'
- 8 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 9 Paul Cook's takeover worry and why he cancelled today's pre-match press conference
- 10 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
Town could have even more funds available if they receive an acceptable bid for striker Sam Parkin. Meanwhile former Blues defender John McGreal has been linked with a return to the club, but he is currently with high-flying Burnley.