“Magnus is a great signing for us” – John Ward
COLCHESTER United boss John Ward was delighted to re-sign Magnus Okuonghae, just a couple of hours before the U’s pre-season fixture at Heybridge on Saturday.
It had appeared as though Okuonghae had played his last game for the U’s, after recently turning down the offer of a new contract.
But the 26-year-old had second thoughts, and was encouraged to pledge his future to the Essex club after discussions with Ward, on a three year deal.
Okuonghae did not feature in the U’s 6-0 win at Heybridge. Instead, having signed his new deal, he began preparations for joining the club’s pre-season tour to Holland – the U’s left for the continent this afternoon.
“Magnus is a great signing for us,” enthused Ward.
You may also want to watch:
“The dressing room is delighted with it, judging by the reaction of a few of the players who just found out as we have arrived here (at Heybridge).
“I only completed the deal at midday, before the game, so a lot of the players obviously weren’t aware of it.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 5 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 6 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing
- 7 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 8 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 9 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 10 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
“The players all know Magnus, and know what they are going to get out of him.
“And so do I,” added Ward.