Magnus Okuonghae leaves the U’s
MAGNUS Okuonghae has officially turned down the offer of a new contract at Colchester United.
The experienced centre-half is therefore a free agent, and is looking to further his career, almost certainly in the Championship.
U’s boss John Ward had offered Okuonghae a new deal, and had extended the deadline for the 26-year-old’s response.
But Okuonghae, like keeper Ben Williams, has rejected the offer of a new contract.
Okuonghae’s agent, Leon Callander, revealed: “It has not been an easy decision for Magnus to leave as he has loved his time with Colchester.
You may also want to watch:
“But he is ambitious and wants to play at the highest possible level and we are now considering the options available to us.”
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 4 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 8 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 9 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 10 'I've just been completely average' - Town star Woolfenden on his season and Town's struggles