Magnus Okuonghae leaves the U’s
MAGNUS Okuonghae has officially turned down the offer of a new contract at Colchester United.
The experienced centre-half is therefore a free agent, and is looking to further his career, almost certainly in the Championship.
U’s boss John Ward had offered Okuonghae a new deal, and had extended the deadline for the 26-year-old’s response.
But Okuonghae, like keeper Ben Williams, has rejected the offer of a new contract.
Okuonghae’s agent, Leon Callander, revealed: “It has not been an easy decision for Magnus to leave as he has loved his time with Colchester.
“But he is ambitious and wants to play at the highest possible level and we are now considering the options available to us.”
- 1 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 2 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 3 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 4 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 5 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 6 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing
- 7 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 8 'Dream come true': Excitement as new salon opens in Woodbridge
- 9 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 10 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women