Magnus Okuonghae’s ankle injury not serious
COLCHESTER United’s inspirational centre-half, Magnus Okuonghae, hobbled off with an ankle injury during the later stages of Friday night’s pre-season friendly against Derby.
However, U’s boss John Ward has revealed that Okuonghae’s injury is not too serious.
“Magnus just took a knock on the ankle when he blocked a shot near the end,” explained Ward.
“He came across and put his body on the line. It just rocked his ankle a little bit.
“But he’ll be fine, I’m sure,” added Ward.
You may also want to watch:
Freddie Sears boosted his goal tally for pre-season to six, with a sweet brace in the 2-2 draw against Derby.
But Ward feels there is little danger of Sears peaking too soon, before the season proper starts with a Carling Cup tie at Yeovil on Tuesday week.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 3 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 6 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 7 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 8 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 9 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
Ward said: “The boys were just saying to me in the dressing room to calm Freddie down a bit, and make sure he doesn’t peak too soon.
“But when you’ve got good players, there isn’t a peak, they just keep going.
“If we can provide chances for Freddie, like we’ve seen this pre-season, then he’ll score goals. And that’s what we want to do.
“He’s a good footballer, but we need to get him the ball.
“We’ve got a player here who can find goals out of really tight places,” concluded Ward.