Magpies V 2 Breckland 1
Norfolk Womens League Division TwoHarleston Magpies V 2 Breckland 1Magpies Ladies V travelled to Watton Sports Centre for their first league match of the season.
Norfolk Womens League Division Two
Harleston Magpies V 2 Breckland 1
Magpies Ladies V travelled to Watton Sports Centre for their first league match of the season.
Magpies had the first pushback and didn't immediately work as a team, resulting in some loss of possession, however this did not last for long and the team grew in confidence and began to control the game.
You may also want to watch:
Kay Dennis and Becky Ford showed strength in the midfield, Ford often using her skills to go past players leaving them floundering.
The forward line of Sophie Hoseason, Clemmy Ardley-Forder and Laura Potter used their young legs to out run the opposition, resulting in several shots, all off target.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 4 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 5 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 6 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 7 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 8 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 9 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 10 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
Play centred around Magpies attacking goal and Breckland committed a foul just outside the D. Becky Ford showing sharpness of mind speedily took the free hit which found Laura's stick for Magpies first goal.
Just before half time Breckland had some opportunities in their D which resulted in a goal. Peggy Bridges (GK) went to the ground and the ball was momentarily lost and then pushed into the D. At half time the score was 1 -1.
Magpies came back into the second half with renewed vigour. Harri Milburn made several runs forward from her defensive position resulting in some very strong chances.
Magpies second goal came from a strong hit to the goal by Kay Dennis which was secured by Sophie Hoseason.
Magpies kept control of the game from this point through effective passing and marking. Frances Fulcher playing very good tactical defence on the sidelines often resulting in a Magpies free hit.
Players of the match, as voted by the team, were Becky Ford and Harri Milburn.
Next week the Magpies V return to Watton for a match with Old Buckenham.