Magpies vets go through on penalties
Mens Veterans National Cup quarter-finalStourport 3 Magpies 3 (Magpies won 4-3 on penalty strokes)The Magpies mens veterans travelled to Birmingham to play Stourport in the quarter finals of the National Cup and emerged victorious after the drama of a penalty shoot-out.
Mens Veterans National Cup quarter-final
Stourport 3 Magpies 3
(Magpies won 4-3 on penalty strokes)
The Magpies mens veterans travelled to Birmingham to play Stourport in the quarter finals of the National Cup and emerged victorious after the drama of a penalty shoot-out.
You may also want to watch:
Stourport fielded a number of ex-GB players, including Olympic gold medal winner, Imran Sherwani.
Magpies found themselves 2-0 down at half time, but a superb lobbed goal by Stourport old boy John Aldridge and a fine individual goal by Roger Kent brought Magpies back into the game.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 3 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 4 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 5 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 6 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 7 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 8 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 9 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 10 600 protesters form 'human wall' to oppose Sizewell C sea defences
Stourport then won two penalty strokes, the second of which goalkeeper David Brown saved brilliantly. Magpies then scored a late equaliser through Phil Alexander to take the game to penalty strokes. Phil Cobbold, Dave Blackmore, John Aldridge and Peter Dolton all scored to clinch a great victory.
Magpies have drawn Bournville at home in the semi-final which will be played on Sunday, April 1st.