Majority of fans don’t think Mick McCarthy can turn Ipswich around, poll reveals
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town fans are starting to lose faith in Mick McCarthy’s ability to turn the team’s fortunes around.
Our online poll asked fans whether they thought the manager would be able to revitalise the club’s season after an unspectacular start.
And with more than 2,500 responses to the question “Do you believe Mick can turn it round at Town?”, it seems many of them don’t.
In total 74% of responses we received said he couldn’t, the remaining 26% saying they still had faith in McCarthy’s ability to bring winning ways back to Portman Road.
Commenting on our football writer Stuart Watson’s Monday Verdict, fans voiced their frustrations at recent results.
You may also want to watch:
One person writing as ‘jungle boy’ said: “The saving from relegation was four years ago, yes he worked miracles, but its the present that’s most important. His team selections, and style of play have been negative.”
‘Macke’ added: “Mick should be proud he kept us in this division, his job is now over, we need a young manager with a fresh approach and he needs to be in place before the next transfer window.”
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 3 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 4 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 5 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 6 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 7 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 10 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health