Man of the Match - Georges Santos
ON a day when every Town player made a vital contribution, centre-halfSantos gets the nod, and not just for his goal. The Frenchman was delighted to prod home his first goal in a Town shirt, to put the visitors two-up and in command during a marvellous first half.
ON a day when every Town player made a vital contribution, centre-half
Santos gets the nod, and not just for his goal. The Frenchman was delighted to prod home his first goal in a Town shirt, to put the visitors two-up and in command during a marvellous first half.
During the second half, however, 33-year-old Santos was back doing what he does best – frustrating the opposition with commanding headers and timely interceptions. It would have been easy to cave in under the pressure, but he and fellow centre-half Richard Naylor provided good protection for Kelvin Davis.
There were several other candidates for the man-of-the-match award. Chris Bart-Williams was a very close second, while the bustling Ian Westlake was always in the action.
You may also want to watch:
Santos, though, especially as he was a big doubt during the build-up to the match with a foot injury, was second to none on an encouraging afternoon for Joe Royle's men.
- 1 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 3 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 4 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 5 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 7 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 9 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 10 Mega theme park plans 'could add to Essex traffic problems'