Man Utd target �45m Madrid striker
MANCHESTER United have targeted Atletico Madrid's �45m striker Sergio Aguero. (Daily Star)Sir Alex Ferguson has turned his sights on the young Argentine star after giving up on Valencia's David Villa, who is expected to join Real Madrid.
MANCHESTER United have targeted Atletico Madrid's �45m striker Sergio Aguero. (Daily Star)
Sir Alex Ferguson has turned his sights on the young Argentine star after giving up on Valencia's David Villa, who is expected to join Real Madrid.
Aguero - nicknamed Kun - has scored 37 league goals in the last two years for Atletico and is only still 21.
Chelsea have already made contact over the talented striker, but were put off by his �200,000-a-week wage demands.
You may also want to watch:
But Fergie is hoping that Aguero will lower those as he would get the chance to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world.
The �80m United will get for Cristiano Ronaldo is starting to burn a hole in Fergie's pocket.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 4 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 5 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 6 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 7 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 8 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 9 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 10 North Stander: Bonne's becoming a Blues icon - now we have to start winning
United would be prepared to offer Aguero, who is married to Diego Maradona's daughter, a five year deal at �120,000 a week, but again hope the lure of Old Trafford would be enough to attract him.
Atletico's president Enrique Cerezo has made it clear recently that the club would be willing to listen to 'interesting' offers for their star player.
As well as Chelsea, Jose Mourinho at Inter Milan is also interested in the player as he expects to lose Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
But Fergie is believed to want to open negotiations with Atletico and the player's advisers as soon as possible.
He obviously feels the striker will be perfect for the Premier League and an ideal replacement for Carlos Tevez, who Aguero won an Olympic gold alongside.