Man Utd to launch Robben bid
MANCHESTER UNITED will launch a deadline-busting bid to sign Arjen Robben from Real Madrid. (The Sun)United have been quoted �26million but the Red Devils plan to force the price down this weekend.
MANCHESTER UNITED will launch a deadline-busting bid to sign Arjen Robben from Real Madrid. (The Sun)
United have been quoted �26million but the Red Devils plan to force the price down this weekend.
Old Trafford chiefs will begin the process with a bid of around �11m - but an offer of �15m may be enough to bag the winger.
Robben, 26, is seen as the creative spark which can help fill the void left by �80m Cristiano Ronaldo.
You may also want to watch:
The Dutchman has been in sparkling form for Real in pre-season.
But he is unlikely to get a look-in at the Bernabeu.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 6 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
Robben came close to signing for Alex Ferguson's men from PSV Eindhoven in 2004 when he visited United's training ground.
But he opted for a �12m move to Chelsea.
The Blues doubled their money by flogging him to Madrid in 2007.