Mann takes alliance prize by four shots
THE frost soon disappeared so the Suffolk Winter Alliance meeting at Bungay & Waveney Valley was played in bright sunshine. There was a field of 118 on Outney Common where golf has been played since James Braid laid out the course in 1889.
THE frost soon disappeared so the Suffolk Winter Alliance meeting at Bungay & Waveney Valley was played in bright sunshine.
There was a field of 118 on Outney Common where golf has been played since James Braid laid out the course in 1889.
Robin Mann (Felixstowe Golf Range) ended as top professional with a one-under-par round of 68. He beat Steven Moye of Haverhill by four shots with Tony Dobson (Stonham Barns) in third place with a round of 73.
Andrew Tokley (Stoke by Nayland) was below his best with 77 while Shane Constable (Stoke by Nayland) and Martin Holder (Waldringfield) both had 80.
You may also want to watch:
A Seckford pair, John Cunnell and Brian Baker, won the better-ball event with 46 points. They ended three clear of three pairs with 43 whose placings were decided on count back.
Paul Boswell and David Grieves of Waldringield were runners-up, beating Paul Presland (Stowmarket) and David Pipe (Felixstowe Ferry) on the last six. Both pairs had 22 points on the back nine. Boswell and Grieves had 16 on the back six while Presland and Pipe had only 15.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 4 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 5 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 6 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 7 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 8 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 9 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
Fourth place went to Mark Jackson (Brett Vale) and Tony Clarke (Bungay) whose back nine points totalled 20.
The next Alliance meeting will be at Brett Vale on January 16.