Marcus Garnham re-joins AFC Sudbury after Lowestoft Town exit
- Credit: Su Anderson
AFC Sudbury have re-signed highly-rated goalkeeper Marcus Garnham.
The stopper, released from National League North side Lowestoft Town last week, will go straight into Jamie Godbold’s squad tomorrow at Barkingside.
Garnham joined higher-level Lowestoft in the summer, after helping Sudbury progress into the Ryman North play-offs last term – where the Yellows suffered penalty heartbreak in the semi-finals.
Of Garnham’s return, Godbold, who made 500 appearances for Lowestoft, said: “He’s a terrific ‘keeper and we are delighted to have him back.
“He gets on well with all the lads here, and the supporters and all the staff at the club like him.”
You may also want to watch:
Godbold continued: “I guess he lost his place (at Lowestoft) due to some inconsistent performances by all accounts.
“The league and that level is ruthless, and I just think he is looking forward to enjoying his football again.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 5 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 9 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
“He left us in the summer to give it a go at a higher-level, which I think he is capable of, but it hasn’t worked out for him at this time.
“Our door was always open for a return though, and I think he’ll be a better goalkeeper for the experience.”
For more information on Garnham’s move, see tomorrow’s East Anglian Daily Times newspaper.