Mark Cousins leaves Colchester United to sign for Daggers
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
Mark Cousins, after 10 years as a professional at Colchester United, has left the club to join Dagenham & Redbridge.
Cousins graduated from the U’s youth team in 2004, but always struggled to establish himself as the U’s No. 1.
The 27-year-old made 70 first team appearances in all, 58 of them in the league, but he did not play at all last season due to the form of Sam Walker.
Cousins has joined the Daggers on a two-year deal.
The League Two Daggers released their first choice keeper Chris Lewington at the start of this summer, and have since recruited 22-year-old Liam O’Brien from Brentford and now Cousins from Colchester.
You may also want to watch:
The duo are set to contest the No. 1 spot.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 3 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 4 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 8 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 9 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found