Mark Cousins leaves Colchester United to sign for Daggers
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
Mark Cousins, after 10 years as a professional at Colchester United, has left the club to join Dagenham & Redbridge.
Cousins graduated from the U’s youth team in 2004, but always struggled to establish himself as the U’s No. 1.
The 27-year-old made 70 first team appearances in all, 58 of them in the league, but he did not play at all last season due to the form of Sam Walker.
Cousins has joined the Daggers on a two-year deal.
The League Two Daggers released their first choice keeper Chris Lewington at the start of this summer, and have since recruited 22-year-old Liam O’Brien from Brentford and now Cousins from Colchester.
The duo are set to contest the No. 1 spot.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town beaten 2-0 at Bolton
- 2 Developer chosen to build 3,000 new homes in Suffolk
- 3 Warning after 'Nottingham Knockers' visit homes in Bury St Edmunds
- 4 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 5 Motorist was three times the drink drive limit in Stowmarket
- 6 Inside Shrubland Hall: The James Bond mansion with no licence to wed
- 7 Teenage girl grabbed by man in seaside town
- 8 Bolton Wanderers 2-0 Ipswich Town: Disjointed Blues beaten for first time under McKenna
- 9 McKenna on Walton, Bonne and signing a new defender after Nsiala exit
- 10 Cancelling Christmas fair 'nail in the coffin' for established market stall