Mark Morsley take over as Needham Market manager ahead of schedule
- Credit: James Ager
MARK Morsley’s reign as manager of Needham Market has started earlier than expected.
Morsley was due to take charge at the Ryman League Division One North club at the start of next season.
However, the departure of Danny Laws from Bloomfields has paved the way for Morsley to assume the hot seat with immediate effect.
His first match in charge is scheduled to be tonight’s Ryman League Division One North fixture away to Waltham Abbey, although the severe weekend weather means it is more likely that he will make his bow in Saturday’s match at Soham Town Rangers.
Needham Market chairman David Bugg said: “Mark Morsley has been the most successful non-league manager in the area over the past few years and he is without doubt the right man to take this club forward.
You may also want to watch:
“Mark will undoubtedly want to bring in his own management team and an announcement about that will be made in the fullness of time.
“With the continued success of the academy scheme under the stewardship of Kevin Horlock and Andy Gould, I feel that Needham Market Football Club can look forward to a very bright and successful future.”
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 3 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 4 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 5 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 6 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 7 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 8 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 9 Suffolk braced for Indian summer before forecast showers next week
- 10 More police mistakes in case of 'bubbly and funny' Emma who fell from window
It is expected that members of Morsley’s coaching staff who have left Leiston will follow him to Needham Market, with confirmation of who will be joining him expected later this week.
Bugg spoke of his ‘unique’ relationship with Laws during their seven years as chairman and manager respectively at Needham Market.
He said: “I would like to place on record the fantastic job Danny has done at Needham Market Football Club.
“He has taken the club from the depths of Ridgeons League football to the verge of the Ryman Premier League, and who will ever forget how close he took us to Wembley in the FA Vase?”
He added: “On a personal level it is sad for me to see him leave. But he thought the time was right to leave and he goes with my best wishes.”