Ipswich hockey star Hannah Martin on target in England win
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Ipswich’s Hannah Martin was on target for England as they beat China in the World Hockey League.
The national side saw off their foes 4-1 in their final group game to finish third in Pool B.
The win, over the side ranked eighth in the world, means England will now play USA in the quarter-finals in a match to be shown live on BT Sport at 5am on Thursday morning.
Captain Alex Danson opened the scoring, before Martin, Sophie Bray and Sarah Haycroft added to the tally.
Danson said: “I am delighted with that team performance today. We were fantastic in defence and we had some beautiful connections between the defence, midfield and the forward line. To come out today and have a really good performance from back to front is something we are really happy with.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very much looking forward to the next one against the USA.”
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 5 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 6 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 7 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 8 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 9 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 10 Tribute to Kaine, 24, at estate's new underpass mural