Martyn Waghorn could make his Ipswich Town debut at Luton Town in Carabao Cup
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
New Ipswich Town striker Martyn Waghorn could make his Blues’ debut in the Carabao Cup first round tie at League Two Luton Town, tomorrow night.
Town are just waiting on international clearance from Glasgow Rangers before being able to field the former Leicester and Sunderland man and manager Mick McCarthy could start him from the off at Kenilworth Road.
If Waghorn does get the nod, then he will start up front alongside David McGoldrick, who will definitely play, having only been fit enough for a place on the bench against Birmingham, on Saturday.
Bersant Celina is another definite starter, the Kosovo international having been made to wait for his debut, being an unused sub at the weekend, while Danny Rowe may feature, having missed a place in the 18 on Saturday due to illness earlier in the week.
Adam Webster, who came on as a late replacement at the weekend, is also in contention to start, but Tommy Smith (sore back), Joe Garner (shoulder knock), Grant Ward (knock) and Jordan Spence (knee) are likely to miss out.
You may also want to watch:
Andre Dozzell (knee), Teddy Bishop (groin), Luke Hyam (ankle), Emyr Huws (Achilles) and Tom Adeyemi (illness) remain sidelined.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 5 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 7 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 8 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 9 Match Ratings: How Town players performed against Wednesday
- 10 Ipswich Town 1 Sheffield Wednesday 1: Late Chaplin goal grabs Town a point