Massey could start as U’s visit ground of bad memories
GAVIN Massey could make his full debut for Colchester United this afternoon, against improving Leyton Orient.
The Watford loanee, fresh from an appearance as a second-half substitute last weekend, is keen to make an impression from the start.
Tom Eastman and Magnus Okuonghae will continue their partnership in the heart of defence, following fellow centre-half Pat Baldwin’s permanent move to Southend United, which was finalised last night.
Brisbane Road is certainly no happy hunting ground for the U’s.
United have a poor record at hosts Leyton Orient, tasting victory just four times in 18 league visits since the early 1950s.
You may also want to watch:
Furthermore, over the years the U’s have been hammered by scorelines such as 7-0, 6-0, 5-3 and of course a club record 8-0 reverse during Roger Brown’s short reign.
But history will count for little this afternoon.
- 1 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 2 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 3 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 4 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 5 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 7 Mark Ashton: The 'divisive' figure with a track record for promotion and profits
- 8 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 9 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
- 10 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
John Ward’s men will not be concerned by past calamities in East London; they will be concerned with making up for last weekend’s home flop at the hands of bottom club Chesterfield.