Massive blow for Colchester United – Luke Prosser ruled out for the season
Colchester United have suffered a huge blow with the news that club captain Luke Prosser has been ruled out for the whole season.
Inspirational centre-half Prosser picked up a knee injury during the warm-up, before last weekend’s 3-0 home defeat by Leyton Orient.
It was hoped that the ex-Southend defender would only be out for a few weeks, but instead he will play no further part in this season.
“We’ve had some really bad news on Luke, He is out for the season,” explained manager John McGreal following this morning’s training session at Florence Park.
“He is likely to be out for five or six months with the knee injury.
“He has been fantastic for us this season, so it’s a big blow for us and a blow for Luke.
“He’s been a great character for us on the pitch and in the dressing room.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 4 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 5 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 6 Driver arrested for being four times over legal limit
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 'We're probably not as good as we think we are' - Cook on FA Cup draw with Barrow
- 9 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 10 'Gutted to see the gaffer go' - Norwood on Cook sacking
“But he will be back, and he will come back stronger,” added McGreal.
The U’s entertain Crewe this Saturday, following on from their 3-0 win at Cheltenham, which ended a run of 13 games without a victory.
Prosser underwent an operation on his knee on Tuesday.