Massive blow for Colchester United – Luke Prosser ruled out for the season
Colchester United have suffered a huge blow with the news that club captain Luke Prosser has been ruled out for the whole season.
Inspirational centre-half Prosser picked up a knee injury during the warm-up, before last weekend’s 3-0 home defeat by Leyton Orient.
It was hoped that the ex-Southend defender would only be out for a few weeks, but instead he will play no further part in this season.
“We’ve had some really bad news on Luke, He is out for the season,” explained manager John McGreal following this morning’s training session at Florence Park.
“He is likely to be out for five or six months with the knee injury.
You may also want to watch:
“He has been fantastic for us this season, so it’s a big blow for us and a blow for Luke.
“He’s been a great character for us on the pitch and in the dressing room.
- 1 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 3 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 6 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 7 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening
“But he will be back, and he will come back stronger,” added McGreal.
The U’s entertain Crewe this Saturday, following on from their 3-0 win at Cheltenham, which ended a run of 13 games without a victory.
Prosser underwent an operation on his knee on Tuesday.