Match preview: Felixstowe & Walton United v Whitton United
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk derby, old boys reunion?
Both terms could be right as Felixstowe & Walton United and Whitton United meet for the second time this season with plenty of familiar faces in both camps.
Both Arran Sheppard and Miles Powell moved the 18 miles along the A14 to King George V ground at the start of the current season, to join former Seasiders, Liam Jones and Glenn Snell, the latter who is now first team coach at King George V.
Meanwhile, Danny Thrower moved across in the summer and played 10 games for the Greens including one against The Seasiders in a League Cup game, before making a return to the Goldstar Ground at the start of November.
Both sides go into the game on the back of unbeaten league runs stretching back to late September. Whitton will be looking to extended their record to seven games with three wins and three draws in that run while the Seasiders’ eight-game unbeaten stretch includes four draws, three of them at The Goldstar Ground.
You may also want to watch:
Whitton were boosted last week by the signing of Allicion Blake from Mildenhall Town to strengthen their squad while the hosts gave Danny Bloomfield a 45 minute run out in a midweek friendly against an SIL select XI - it was the assistant manager’s first outing since suffering a knee injury at Enfield Town in the FA Cup in early September.
The home side start the day in seventh spot, on 28 points from 15 games played, while Whitton begin in 13th on 21 points, having played the same amount of games, and will be boosted by a creditable 3-3 draw last Saturday against in-form Stanway Rovers, Whitton having been 3-0 down with 11 minutes go.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 6 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 8 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 9 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 10 Town's first game of the season will be all-ticket