Match reaction: What John McGreal had to say after Colchester United’s defeat to Gillingham
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Colchester United boss, John McGreal, was satisfied with his side’s performance following tonight’s 2-1 home defeat to Gillingham, in the last pre-season friendly of the summer.
After Lee Martin and Josh Parker had netted for the Kent visitors, Ryan Jackson replied with a goal on 70 minutes for the U’s, against his former club.
“We were a little bit slow with our movement in the first half, but I thought in the second half we were a whole lot better,” said McGreal.
“However, they were two poor goals to give away, but it was good to get those two goals out of the way now, and out of our system.
“I thought we dominated the ball tonight, and moved it around better.”
You may also want to watch:
The U’s begin their League Two campaign with a trip to Accrington Stanley on Saturday week.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 4 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 5 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 9 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143