Matt Briggs and Lloyd Doyley to leave Colchester United
- Credit: Archant
Colchester United defensive duo Matt Briggs and Lloyd Doyley will depart the Weston Homes Community Stadium this summer, after the club opted against offering them new contracts.
Briggs arrived on a free transfer after being released by Millwall in the summer of 2015, having previously spent time on loan with the U’s in the 2014/15 season.
With a hip operation sidelining him for the first half of 2016/17, his time at the club saw him make 65 appearances, with 59 of those coming in the league.
Doyley arrived in October on a free transfer and made just three appearances for the U’s.
The rest of the out of contract players in the first team have been offered deals to stay with the club.
You may also want to watch:
Five under 23 players will also depart – Dexter Peter and Femi Akinwande both made first team appearances, whilst Ben Wyatt, Brendan Ocran and Rhys Williams will also move on to pastures new.
- 1 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 6 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery