Matt Hunn called into Suffolk cricket squad for clash with Wiltshire
Hunn, who has been on the staff at Kent since 2013, is one of two players added to the squad for Sunday’s second group game against Wiltshire at Ipswich School, start 11am.
Copdock & Old Ipswichian all-rounder Jack Beaumont is also brought into the squad, with ex-Bury St Edmunds skipper Michael Comber, who is unavailable, and his former team-mate Dominic Manthorpe, 12th man last week, dropping out.
Hunn, who is still on a dual registration with Suffolk, will add some firepower to the attack for the 50 overs-a-side fixture.
The 23-year-old made his Suffolk debut on the same day as Sudbury team-mate Adam Mansfield, who is now the county’s captain, back in 2011.
Ironically, that was also at Ipswich School’s Ivry Street ground in a Minor Counties Championship match against Buckinghamshire.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk lost their opening group game away to Hertfordshire last Sunday by two wickets off the final ball of the match at North Mymms CC.
Ex-Essex batsman Jaik Mickleburgh scored 124 on his debut as Suffolk totalled 284 for six, but the visitors came up just short.
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 7 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 8 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 9 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash
- 10 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
Suffolk coach Andy Northcote said: “Honestly, it was heartbreaking. We worked our socks off all winter, and all game fought immensely hard. Jaik was unreal with the bat and, supported by the rest, we thought it was a competitive total but around par.
“It really just came down to their start, and a dropped catch mid-way through which cost about five overs and 25 runs. Fine margins! Watching it, you always felt it was going to the death and then to lose, it was a tough pill to swallow.
“I am immensely proud of the players though; they did everything I asked. This week, if they perform the same, we will be on the right side of a result.”
Suffolk squad: Adam Mansfield (wkt & capt), Martyn Cull, Jaik Mickleburgh, Tom Rash, Darren Batch, Darren Ironside, Ben Parker, Jake Wakelin, Matt Salisbury, Matt Wareing, Matt Hunn, Jack Beaumont.