Matti heading back to Iceland
ICELANDIC international Matthias Viljhalmsson has been recalled to his parent club.
The 24-year-old midfielder/striker joined Colchester United loan in January following a week-long trial prior to Christmas and was due to be at The Weston Homes Community Stadium until the end-of-the-season.
He has made just three substitute appearances for the U’s though, spending less than 45 minutes on the pitch in total following late cameos against Brighton, Notts County and Walsall.
Viljhalmsson, nicknamed Matti Villa, has now been recalled to his parent club in Iceland – Fimleikaf�lag Hafnarfjar�ar (FH) – to help them in a quest for a sixth league title in eight seasons.
“We wish him all the best in his footballing future and for his contribution whilst at the club,” said U’s manager John Ward.
You may also want to watch:
See tomorrow’s EADT for an exclusive interview with Viljhalmsson.
– Would you have liked to have seen more of Viljhalmsson in a U’s shirt? Post your comments below or e-mail: email@example.com.
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 8 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 9 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 10 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
– Full match preview of Colchester v Southampton in tomorrow’s EADT.