Matti heading back to Iceland
ICELANDIC international Matthias Viljhalmsson has been recalled to his parent club.
The 24-year-old midfielder/striker joined Colchester United loan in January following a week-long trial prior to Christmas and was due to be at The Weston Homes Community Stadium until the end-of-the-season.
He has made just three substitute appearances for the U’s though, spending less than 45 minutes on the pitch in total following late cameos against Brighton, Notts County and Walsall.
Viljhalmsson, nicknamed Matti Villa, has now been recalled to his parent club in Iceland – Fimleikaf�lag Hafnarfjar�ar (FH) – to help them in a quest for a sixth league title in eight seasons.
“We wish him all the best in his footballing future and for his contribution whilst at the club,” said U’s manager John Ward.
See tomorrow’s EADT for an exclusive interview with Viljhalmsson.
– Would you have liked to have seen more of Viljhalmsson in a U’s shirt? Post your comments below or e-mail: email@example.com.
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 4 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 5 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 6 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 7 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch
- 8 Hughes nets a hat-trick for Town Under 23s as familiar face plays for QPR
- 9 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 10 Shocked woman finds naked burglar asleep in her bed
– Full match preview of Colchester v Southampton in tomorrow’s EADT.