McGlone joins Hadleigh United
LEISTON striker Lee McGlone has joined Ridgeons League Premier Division side Hadleigh United on a three-month loan deal.
McGlone has fallen out of favour at the Ryman League Division One North club this season and was recently made available for transfer.
The former Ipswich Wanderers striker returned to Leiston last season after a spell at Lowestoft Town and helped Mark Morsley’s side clinch the Ridgeons League title.
Hadleigh United have been beset by injury problems all season, and have already signed veteran strikers Sam Banya from Woodbridge Town and Stuart Jopling. who was without a club.
McGlone is expected to be available for tomorrow’s trip to Kirkley & Pakefield.
Meanwhile, Felixstowe & Waltohn United have snapped up young defender Adam Clarke who has been released by Diss Town.
Clarke was with the Ipswich Academy until he was 16 when he was released and moved to Team Bury although he did not attend the West Suffolk College.
- 1 Major west Suffolk road reopens after lorry and car crash
- 2 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 3 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 4 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 5 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 6 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 7 'It was unanimous... this season's not dead' - Ashton on why Town sacked Cook
- 9 Morsy on 'shock' of Cook sacking and McGreal's message
- 10 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
Clarke represented Suffolk last season but has played for successful Norfolk County Youth side this season following his move to Diss Town. The youngster has had trials at both Southampton and Norwich City but has fallen out of favour at The Tangerines.