McGlone joins Hadleigh United
LEISTON striker Lee McGlone has joined Ridgeons League Premier Division side Hadleigh United on a three-month loan deal.
McGlone has fallen out of favour at the Ryman League Division One North club this season and was recently made available for transfer.
The former Ipswich Wanderers striker returned to Leiston last season after a spell at Lowestoft Town and helped Mark Morsley’s side clinch the Ridgeons League title.
Hadleigh United have been beset by injury problems all season, and have already signed veteran strikers Sam Banya from Woodbridge Town and Stuart Jopling. who was without a club.
McGlone is expected to be available for tomorrow’s trip to Kirkley & Pakefield.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Felixstowe & Waltohn United have snapped up young defender Adam Clarke who has been released by Diss Town.
Clarke was with the Ipswich Academy until he was 16 when he was released and moved to Team Bury although he did not attend the West Suffolk College.
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 9 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit
Clarke represented Suffolk last season but has played for successful Norfolk County Youth side this season following his move to Diss Town. The youngster has had trials at both Southampton and Norwich City but has fallen out of favour at The Tangerines.