Medal success for gymnasts
GYMNASTICSThe British Gymnastics National Grades finals contested over two weekends in Birmingham are now complete.Three gymnasts from the Bury Spectrum Gymnastics club were members of teams representing the Eastern Region in three of the grades, with a further two competing as individuals having achieved the qualifying score in the Regional Championships.
The British Gymnastics National Grades finals contested over two weekends in Birmingham are now complete.
Three gymnasts from the Bury Spectrum Gymnastics club were members of teams representing the Eastern Region in three of the grades, with a further two competing as individuals having achieved the qualifying score in the Regional Championships.
Victoria Abery competed in the Compulsory level 3 championships, producing a superb performance for a score of 44.600, which gave her fourth place in Great Britain as an individual.
You may also want to watch:
Although she just missed out on an individual medal, Victoria came home with a gold medal for her efforts, as a member of the victorious Eastern Region team that recorded an emphatic victory, more than four whole marks in front of the runners-up from the South West.
Casey Nichols competed in the very closely-contested British Club Grade 1 finals, recording a score of 35.225 for 10th place overall in GB. Casey was also rewarded for her fine efforts with a bronze team medal, won as a member of the Eastern Region team.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 4 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 9 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 10 'I've just been completely average' - Town star Woolfenden on his season and Town's struggles
Laura Harrington was a member of the British Club Grade 2 Eastern Region team who finished out of the medals and Stevie Harrow and Siobahn Fitzsimons both did well as individuals in the Compulsory Levels 3 and 4 competitions respectively.