Meet Ipswich Town’s seven January signings
With the transfer window now shut again, CHRIS BRAMMER looks at Ipswich Town’s SEVEN new signings.
Status: Signed from Forest Green
Towering striker signed from Forest Green, having impressed in recent weeks on-loan at National League rivals, Torquay.
The 24-year-old has also represented Truro City, Dorchester Town and Norwegian top-tier side, Viking.
You may also want to watch:
Made his debut as a substitute in the defeat at Huddersfield.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 7 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 8 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 9 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 10 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy
Status: Free agent
Without a club since leaving MK Dons, following their relegation to League One in May, the former West Ham right-back joined Town on a short-term deal.
Spence has enjoyed loan spells at Yeovil, Sheffield Wednesday, Leyton Orient and Bristol City.
Status: Free agent
The former Newcastle defender joined Town on a deal until the end of the season, having left American MLS side the Portland Timbers in December.
A vocal leader, Taylor (31) has predominantly played in the Premier League during his career, making 268 appearances in all competitions, scoring 15 goals.
Status: Loan from Leeds United
Paris-born 29-year-old signed on-loan from Leeds, until the end of the current season, having been frozen out at Elland Road.
Established himself as a key player at the heart of Brentford’s midfield as the Bees made the Championship play-offs in 2015.
Played over 200 games for Brentford
Status: Signed from Macclesfield
Highly-rated winger signed from Macclesfield Town where he has been earning rave reviews.
The 24-year-old counts Stockport County, Barrow and Northwich Victoria amongst his former clubs.
Tipped by Lincoln City boss Danny Cowley as one to watch at the start of the season.
Status: Loan from Reading
Signed on-loan until the end of the season from Town’s Championship rivals Reading.
Has spent time out on loan at Colchester, Coventry and Dagenham & Redbridge, Samuel’s best spell in the Football League to date came at Gillingham where he scored seven goals in 25 games last season.
Status: Loan from Cardiff City
Creative midfielder has struggled to establish himself with the Bluebirds since his summer signing.
Huws began his career at Manchester City, and had loans at Northampton, Birmingham, Huddersfield and Wigan, before joining the latter on a permanent deal.