Megson confirmed as Trotters boss
GARY Megson has been named as the new Bolton Wanderers manager.Megson agreed a two-and-a-half year deal today after talks this morning and will be in charge when the Trotters take on Aston Villa on Sunday.
By Derek Davis
GARY Megson has been named as the new Bolton Wanderers manager.
Megson agreed a two-and-a-half year deal today after talks this morning and will be in charge when the Trotters take on Aston Villa on Sunday.
The was finally given permission to talk to Bolton after they agreed to pay Leicester City £300,000 compensation, even though Megson who had a month in charge of the Foxes, had not yet signed a contract.
You may also want to watch:
Megson takes over from Sammy Lee who was briefly manager after Sam Allardyce went to Newcastle United.
Megson has also previously managed at Norwich, Blackpool, Stockport County, West Brom, Stoke City and Nottingham Forest.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 4 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 7 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 8 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 9 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 10 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town